FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Please browse from the following list of FAQ items.
Topic: Importing / Exporting...
• Can I do PARALIND in PLS_Toolbox?
• Can I install PLS_Toolbox (or Solo) on more than one PC, such as on my desktop
and laptop computer?
• Can I use multiple class sets (categorical variables) together in a SIMCA,
PLSDA, or LDA model?
• Can you give me more information on the R-Squared statistic?
• Convergence of PARAFAC. How much variation between models is expected a
particular PARAFAC is fit multiple times with the same settings?
• Does the software stop working if my maintenance expires?
• How and where do I report a problem with PLS_Toolbox?
• How are RMSEC and RMSECV related to R2Y and Q2Y I see in other software?
• How are T-contributions calculated?
• How are the ROC curves calculated for PLSDA?
• How are the error bars calculated for a regression model and can they be related
to a confidence limit (confidence in the prediction)?
• How can I improve performance with PLS_Toolbox and Matlab on the Mac platform?
• How do I assign classes for samples in a DataSet?
• How do I build a classification model from a class set other than the first?
• How do I choose between the different cross-validation leave-out options?
• How do I cite/reference Eigenvector?
• How do I extend the trial period of a demo licence?
• How do I interpret the ROC curves and Sensitivity / Specificity plots from
• How do I make a DataSet backwards compatible?
• How do I obtain or use a recompilation license for PLS_Toolbox?
• How do I use the "custom" cross-validation option?
• How is the prediction probability and threshold calculated for PLSDA?
• I keep getting "out of memory" errors when analyzing my data. What can I do?
• I keep getting an error with Plotgui "Unrecognized Property or Mode Keyword
'functionname'". What should I do?
• Nonnegativity (PARAFAC, PARAFAC2, Tucker): Why do I get negative scores when all
modes are set to nonnegativity?
• Some of the items in my plots and figures don't appear correctly or are cutoff
by the figure.
• The toolbar buttons in the Analysis figure don't show up correctly after I
update to Matlab R2006a. What can I do?
• What are "Relative Contributions"?
• What are the "Reduced" T^2 and Q Statistics?
• What are the units used for RMSEC and RMSECV when cross-validating PLSDA
models? Why do the cross-validation curves look strange for PLSDA?
• What can I do if I get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError error?
• What do the four Fit/Unique Fit statistics mean in MCR and PARAFAC models?
• What internal tests are used to select "suggested" number of PCs?
• What is PLS1 vs PLS2 and how do I create separate PLS1 models when I have a
• What is the difference between a loading and a weighting?
• Why are some axis labels and titles on my axes upside-down when I'm viewing
images in MIA_Toolbox?
• Why can't I recompile the PLS_Toolbox functions?
• Why do I get the warning/notice "Missing Data Found - Replacing with "best
guess" from existing model. Results may be affected by this action."
• Why does PLS_Toolbox have a "boxplot" function that conflicts with the Mathworks
Statistics Toolbox function of the same name?
• Why does R2014b give me "Error using matlab.ui.Figure... Cannot convert double
value to a handle" (or similar)?
• Why is the confidence limit on scores different in PLS_Toolbox after version
+Expand all topics