FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Please browse from the following list of FAQ items.
Topic: Importing / Exporting...
• "Error using figure UIJ_AreThereWindowShowsPending - timeout waiting for window
to show up"
• Can you describe an easy way to switch from one version of PLS_Toolbox to
• Do any PLS_Toolbox functions conflict with the Mathworks Toolboxes?
• GUIDE (the figure editor) fails in Matlab 7.0 and higher with PLS_Toolbox at the
top of the path
• How do I calculate / verify the MD5 or SHA1 hashes on a file?
• How do I install PLS_Toolbox on two different versions of Matlab?
• How do I install multiple Eigenvector products?
• How do I switch from a demo version of PLS_Toolbox or Solo to install and use a
new purchased version?
• How do I use PLS_Toolbox or Solo with a license server when I don't have access
to the network?
• How is PLS_Toolbox installed with a network copy (site-license) of Matlab?
• I bought a copy of PLS_Toolbox but I am getting warnings about the license
expiring or my license has expired.
• I get a warning saying the evriio.p file was p-coded from an old MATLAB version.
• I get an "Invalid property found" error when installing, what should I do?
• I get the message "Path cannot be saved" and don't seem to have permission to
write to my 'pathdef.m' file. What can I do to keep from having to install
PLS_Toolbox each time I start Matlab?
• I get warnings for overloaded 'true' and 'false' functions in PLS_Toolbox.
• I loose my floating license if I am inactive in Matlab. How do I keep a license
• I ran the PLS_Toolbox installer and a menu asks to start Matlab and run a
script, but Matlab never starts. How do I finish the installation?
• I'm having problems installing and using PLS_Toolbox with Mac OS X.
• I'm having trouble installing Solo on a Mac.
• If we purchase a floating license does the floating license need to be added to
the Matlab floating license, or can it be served by a separate license server?
• Is PLS_Toolbox compatible with Matlab 2010b? What are the warnings I get?
• Is PLS_Toolbox compatible with Matlab 2012b? What are the warnings I get?
• PLS_Toolbox version 3.5.3 doesn't install in Matlab version 6.1 without true.m
and false.m, where can I get them?
• Problems installing PLS_Toolbox on Matlab 7.0.
• Solo fails with "mclstart: Unable to initialize PLS_toolbox library check for
missing plstoolbox.ctf file" or requires re-installation each startup.
• Solo_Predictor gives the error "Error using object. Attempted to access out(1);
index out of bounds because numel(out)=0."
• Some or all of the PLS_Toolbox functions do not work.
• Staring Solo on Fedora Linux I get the message: "SELinux is preventing
.../EVRI_lib" from performing execstack access on a process"
• Trouble downloading, installing, starting, or running Solo.
• What is the version compatibility between PLS_Toolbox and Matlab?
• What's a good way to add or remove PLS_Toolbox from my path?
• What’s the best way to install Solo/PLS_Toolbox in a classroom?
• When installing Solo or other stand-alone I get a warning saying "Could not
write updated MCR_INHIBIT_CTF_LOCK to HKLM"
• When starting Solo I get the message "The application has failed to start
because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."
• Why am I unable to make changes to the path in MATLAB on Windows 7?
• Why do I get "attempt to run script as a function" errors after I install
• Why do I get an error "Missing operator, comma, semicolon, or white space."
after installing the toolbox?
• Why do I get an error that my license code is not valid?
• Why do I get the error "Reference to non-existent field 'nobs'"?
• Why do I have to reenter my license code every time I start?
• Why do I need to run EVRIINSTALL when installing PLS_Toolbox?
• Why does my floating license return the error "License server cannot be run on
the same computer as this application" (or code -3) when I try to check out a
• Why is the PLS_Toolbox help information not available in my Matlab help window?